Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Anniversaries and Anger

anniversaries
whatever dreams
we travelled through

everytime we kissed
like we would run out of skin

and however long
it took us to get here

this is where
we always wanted to be.


this other genius said
conversations
never end

people
merely
stop talking


another argument
he'll make me say sorry
it pleases him so

he does not know I dream
of making him mine
for ever and ever and all that

but symbols matter most
to people who depend
only on their imagination

and while I dream
i constantly scrape
the mud off my feet


uselessness
don't I care?
he doesn't think so
maybe
he thinks i loathe caring
or showing it

maybe
he feels that his way
has to be the only way
that all poetryis useless
unless you care

is poetry useless?
isn't it caring?


I am a patient man
i am a patient man
it's waiting i hate.


work
I’ve been
working on a
9-to-9 job
and this one-sided
relationship
for some time now



No comments:

Post a Comment