Monday, April 20, 2009

Ah my nature, Oh my nature, now that you are gone.


a wonder sits on my shoulder now
he thinks of you and sighs
and touched by the scent of a bolder love
he waits with sightless eyes

perhaps this waiting will not tell
him more than love can rhyme
perhaps my nature will not learn
him more, nor give him time

but he waits and thinks and claims
of me a brighter, lesser wrong
and crying, cries, ah, my nature
oh, my nature. now that you are gone.

resist. resist. he will not turn
for all of love's soft kisses
his dreams are lost, his man is wrong
and rhyme is all he misses

oh shame that one is rent again
this heart will fail anew
but nothing fairs so well as time
when no one comes to you

so he sits and waits and claims
from me a rhyme, a tear, a song
then sighing says, ah, my nature
oh, my nature, now that you are gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment