Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Newly loved

mirror
his eyes look for me

but he cannot see
his path is crowded

with the shadows
of my footprints


today is different
i sit here

quiet.
waiting
for the night
and his lips.


there is this night
there is this night
some nights away


when the tears are done

when the cold you feel
on your ears
has touched elsewhere


when his hands comfort

and caress your face
and he looks inside you


and all the metaphors
in this world


cannot change it
into mushy poetry


item number
roses are expensive

valentine’s is market driven
parties bore me
but you dance in the room
like you want me to love you


this morning
this man said

he needs me

took me
in his arms

ran his fingers

rough
on my unshaven face

kissed last night's breath

waking my eyes to-day

and let me sink

in his need


how do you talk?
he begins.

he twists his tongue

around yours.
grasps your mind
in his hair.
pinches you
till you’re red
with thought.


grapples with
your hands

for expression
sucks your nipples
for desire
puts his head
against your chest
and listens to
your memories


traces your back
with his fingers

digging for an idea
massages your thighs
to erect a dialogue
and sits on your lips
to descend into conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment